Equipment Advice - Jandy vs. Pentair

ajstri

Apr 21, 2012
I'm working to select a PB and one of the builders provides Jandy and the other provides Pentair. Does anyone have an opinion on the quality or reliability of one vs. the other? Also, how does the Aqualink PDA-4 system compare to the Easytouch 4 for the iPhone interface? Pentair VS3050 vs. Jandy VS Flo Pro2? Pentair Clean and Clear CCP 420 vs. Jandy CL340? Pentair IC40 vs. Jandy Aquapure? Paramount PV3 vs. Paramount PCC 2000?

Thx

Your decisions shouldn't be based on the equipment because all will function correctly and all are roughly of similar quality. I would select the PB I ended up feeling good about regardless of his equipment brand.

Based on what I have researched so far I agree that the equipment seems close. Also, thanks for the opinion on the in-floor cleaners and I'd be interested if there are any others out there who have an opinion on that topic.

Yes. Put me in the category of not trusting the investment in in-floor cleaners. I do not have them but over the years have read enough posts here on the forum to be convinced they are a troublesome expense.

A little late to this party I know. But I too have a paramount infloor cleaning system and it works great! No complaints it's 6 years old. I do find that it causes higher pressures at the filter due to the pressure needed to have sufficient force at the jets/sprinklers. I have successfully tapped into that high pressure line for my solar on the roof, which dropped the pressure to where it should be ~18 psi. In floor still has plenty of pressure.
I bought the house with infloor already installed, would I choose to build it that way? I doubt it. Rather go with a sweep unit.
Ron

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.