Starting BBB system - got quick question

Apr 17, 2012
I think I understand most of what I've read, but just wanted to confirm a couple things:

1. If shocking with bleach, I want to get my level up around 21ppm, correct.
2. To figure the proper level, I use the Pool Calulator and put in my existing FC level (say 4 or 5) and then put in 21 form my goal, correct?

thanks in advance......also, I tried searching for the answer. If anyone has "how to shock with bleach" bookmarked, and if it's not too much trouble, send it along.

jed

Need more details .... like what is your CYA level to use to determine the shock level?

Or did you have a previous post with that type of info ... I can not remember.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

I think I asked my question wrong. I read the Pool School stuff, etc. I was more or less trying to confirm how to shock with the Pool Calulator correctly. I just finished adding CYA today so I don't have readings. I was just playing around with the calulator and wanted to confirm how it worked. I don't plan to shock in the near future, just getting ahead of the game.

Thanks, jed

Ok got you ... sorry for the misunderstanding. Sound like you get it. Just be sure to set the pool size at the top and set your goals at the bottom. Also it is best to input all the now parameters as some dosing suggestions are affected by other valves ... like the TA now may affect the pH dosages.

I was confused by the mention of 21ppm with no reference to the CYA.

jblizzle said:
Ok got you ... sorry for the misunderstanding. Sound like you get it. Just be sure to set the pool size at the top and set your goals at the bottom. Also it is best to input all the now parameters as some dosing suggestions are affected by other valves ... like the TA now may affect the pH dosages.

I was confused by the mention of 21ppm with no reference to the CYA.

Got it...thanks again.

jed

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.