Waters' Pool Build - Jamison, PA (pics)

reef n ale said:
And I thank the "Beer Gods" for pulling you through! :)
Thanks Rob and Vegasmom. I don't know if I would have made it without the mercy of the beer gods. :D

We're probably going to get plastered (umm, I mean the pool) next we like you vegasmom. Let's both cross our fingers.

More pics in the next post.

John

Rake and Seed - 05-06-08

FYI, I've been keeping a time-line on the first post for those interested.

Rake and Seed happened on Tuesday (5/6). We still have a lot of landscaping, planting, and mulching to do, but I'm kinda holding off until plaster is done. It's really just an excuse right now.

IMG_2342.JPG

IMG_2343.JPG

IMG_2344.JPG

IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2346.JPG

IMG_2347.JPG

IMG_2348.JPG

IMG_2349.JPG

John

Looks Good! Is that exposed aggregate cement? I am jelaous you are that far. We are waiting for our liner to come on friday, then the cement contractor, I can't wait all this mud is killing me!!!!!!! We got rain last night, has not rained in 2 months the it raining and the backhoe gets buried!!!!!!! Oh well will have to wait for it to dry up a little. Looks Great

2001rotax800 said:
Looks Good! Is that exposed aggregate cement?
Yes, it's exposed aggregate. It looks (and feels) totally different than my neighbors. His is more cement with a few pebbles sprinkled in. Ours is more pebbles sitting in the cement. I like the look of ours better, but the feel of his better.

Hopefully it will wear down a bit or we get used to it. If not, I'll have to look for some kind of covering. I think we'll be fine though. Most of the time is spent in the pool, not on the deck.

John

Quick update:

PB sent over people yesterday to clean and prep the pool for plaster. They also set the accent tile (on the steps and bench). I have a feeling the title is going to blend in with the plaster, but we'll see. My color choice would have stood out nicely! :D

The fence was supposed to be inspected, but we rescheduled it for today because the gate wasn't closing by itself (part of the code). The fence people came and replaced the hinges and added a 3rd (middle) hinge. It closes properly now.

Hopefully the fence inspection can happen today (it's raining) because that needs to be completed (passed) before they will schedule plaster. We'll see what happens.

John

Another quick update.

Fence inspector came Friday. There was a light rain and he basically just opened the gate, watched it close and said looks good to me. No walkarounds or anything. So now we wait for plaster. We're getting a lot of rain now, so the PB might be backed up a little.

I didn't do anything else because of the rain and we were away all weekend.

John

I'm starting to wonder if anyone knows the inspection procedures around here. It certainly isn't my PB.

I got a call Monday evening saying we were scheduled for Plaster Saturday morning. Sounds good to me. Then I got another call on Tuesday. Apparently the PB just noticed that our Township requires the final inspection before plaster and that it was my responsibility to get it. After yelling at him for bringing it to my attention (for the first time ever) this late in the game, I had my wife call the Township and scheduled the inspection. Luckily, they act fast and scheduled for Wednesday.

I get a "reminder" call Wednesday morning that I'm scheduled for plaster Saturday. I "reminded" him that I still had to pass inspection first. Ok. The PB had said that someone needs to be there for this inspection. Both my wife and I were unable to be here, so she called to reschedule, but they told her no one needed to be there. Grrr. This PB is clueless.

The inspection was at 2:00pm. I get a call at 2:30 from my wife saying that a red tag was left saying "Not Passed". Great. What now. The inspector was out of the office, so my wife stopped by later in the day to find out what was wrong. Turns out that the final inspection doesn't happen until after plaster and water. He couldn't pass us because that hadn't been done yet! Grrr. This PB is clueless.

So I get another call from the PB late Wednesday. They have an opening Thursday and want to schedule the plaster then. Sounds good to me. I'm ready to get this over with. Now that I look at the weather, there a slight chance of rain Thursday and a good chance of rain Friday. I'll be filling with 2 water hoses and I'm concerned about the rain hitting the plaster before it's full. If there's even a chance of rain, I'll probably make them reschedule.

John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
reef n ale said:
And I'm starting to feel this rain we've been having will never end... :grrrr:
If someone starts talking about drought conditions (like they usually do around this time) I'm going to slap them! This is kinda crazy.

My wife just called and said they are already there! Guess they don't know there AM from PM. Fine by me though. Lets git 'er done. Just looked at the radar and there's a small rain shower, but it looks like it'll go just north of us. Then is looks clear. Wish us luck...

John

Quick update:

I stop by at lunch. They were almost finished. Basically just doing the touch ups. I pointed out a few things, but it looks good. Kinda looks like a real pool now. I didn't have a chance to take pictures, but I asked my wife to snap some when they leave.

Hoses should be turning on right about now. :D Now to start thinking about this landscaping...

Thanks for the support everyone. I'll be following and cheering everyone else's builds. We should have a virtual pool party this summer! :)

John

Plaster - 05/15/08

Here are a couple of pictures from right after plaster (wife snapped them). It's lightening up a little as it cures, but it's still a nice grey color. We're up past the first step with water now. Should be full by the morning.

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2438.JPG

John

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.