Holy Suction, Batman!

Mar 18, 2012
Amarillo, Texas
My husband upgraded our pool to pvc fittings today and we got rid of the inferior intex plunge valves, etc. (Which, thanks to you guys was pretty easy since someone had already done the trial for us!)

Immediate results are that our 1 1/2 hp pump about sucked my hand off and our return is so much more than it ever was. My lil shark also moves much faster. I wish we'd done this 2 years ago when we upgraded the pump and filter. I didn't realize the difference it would make.

Yes, if you have any concerns about upgrading your intex to hard plumbing, please don't. It was about a days work (but my husband trenched and buried it) and about 80 bucks (but again my husband did some extra stuff to it). I can't believe how much better our filtration is without those valve assemblies. My replacement pump was always stronger than the original pump, but the difference since upgrading the plumbing is probably at least 200%.

These are what we used in place of the plunger assembly. http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... CEQ8wIwAg# Save the nuts that we're used to attach the plunger assembly and then use pvc pipe glue to secure your 1 1/2 inch piping to those adapters. I know some people sanded down the lettering, but we didn't have a problem with them sealing at all. (Oh save the washers from the inlet and outlet of your pool)

Is there no cause for concern with the sides of the pool flexing from the splashie boys? I know our gang can get the pool sides to moving (we have the soft side Intex 16 X 32). I told my husband about the hard plumping but I need something to convince him that we won't tear out the side of the pool.

Diane

My pool sides don't really flex. I don't let the kids hang on the side. I'll show a picture of it trenched, etc. This is a picture of it opening before we covered it with dirt.
poolpiping2.jpg
All and all I think it's a lot more secure than what we had before. Not to mention that most codes require your pump to be five feet from your pool and the hoses that are supplied aren't usually long enough for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.