Older Dolphin Diagnostic

Apr 21, 2012
I got an older Dolphin Diag. from my neighbor. Sometimes it works fine and some times it does nothing. By unplugging and shutting off, waiting a while then restarting it goes fine. It does get caught in the deep end on the two pool drains.

It doesnt seem to have one thing going on to nail down the problem.

I did hear they have larger tracks to avoid getting stuck on the drain covers

Any help?

New to hear but this is my 2nd pool and still learning

20k? 16x32 liner salt pool
pentair 1hp punk and sand filter
aqua rite generator
1 skimmer 2 floor drains

Sounds like you are describing 2 separate problems ... stuck on drain and sometime not turning on?

Do you have especially tall main drains? I am guessing that it just gets high-centered on the drain and the track no longer touch. I have not seen anything like that myself, but maybe my drain is flatter or the Dynamic has taller tread.

On mine after its run time. You have to shut is off for 30 seconds or so and then turn it back on before it will restart. Mine I can set the run time with the remote, so I am not sure how that is done with yours if at all. When you turn the power on and the robot does not move, can you check for voltage output from the power supply? Maybe you can figure out if it is the power supply that is having a problem or if the problem is in the robot itself.

New Dolphin Advantage or other similar Dolphin units can run as low as $600 many places online. Dolphin has some private labelled units that are the same as the Advantage that many sites are selling for very cheap. Dolphin Explorer, Dolphin Sprite, and others.

It is very hard to justify fixing them for $300+ when you can buy a new one with full warranty for 600-800 dollars.

We too have an older dolphin. When resetting, I click it off for a minute or so (and go fuss with some other pool chore) and then click it on.

Our dolphin also gets stuck on the bottom drains. So the previous owners got large drain covers for this problem. They are like flat discs, maybe 1.5-2 feet in diameter. We just push them over the drains and the robot is happy as can be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.