Jul 22, 2010
Calvert County, Maryland
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
Hello all, We just opened our In-Ground for swimming today at a balmy 72* Water temp.

We have an Autopilot Digital.
1 Main Drain, 1 Skimmer and 2 Return Jets
Ran some numbers using my TF-100
FC - 0
CC - 0
TC - 0
Ph - 7.5
T/A 110
CH 120
CYA 47
Temp at time 70*

Looks like I need to add Muratic Acid to lower the Ph, then aerate the best I can with my return gets.
What should I set the output on the Autopilot to? Its a 0% right now and I need to bump that up before the algea begins.

What else do you have for me?
Thank in advance!

nikolasmor said:
What should I set the output on the Autopilot to? Its a 0% right now and I need to bump that up before the algea begins.
I am not sure on the % to set it, but you should get some chlorine up to your recommended FC level using bleach/liquid chlorine, then set/adjust the swg to maintain that level.

Your CYA level is a little low compared the recommended range for swgs of 70-80 ppm.

By the way, it looks like you need to change the pool details in your sig?

Looks like I did double duty added the recommended amount and set the purifier to 40% Ouch, Now I am
31 FC
.5-1 CC
7.8 PH
100 TA
and 43 CYA
at 65*
Looks like I need to add 62 more oz of Stabilizer. This will also lower the Ph so I will wait on the muriatic acid until the CYA is right.
Also turned the Purifier off for a few days, will test and keep an eye on it.

Be careful adding CYA. It doesn't show up on testing for up to a week after adding it. So it's easy to overshoot.

Good thought, I'll test closer to the eyelet and not by the diving board then add 1/2 the recommended amount. Wait a week and retest. In the mean time I will add 1/2 the Ph down recommended.

Bumping this as I have algae growth starting at the bottom.

7.8 Ph
10 FC
0 CC
10 TC
40 CYA
120 TA

I added 128oz Bleach yesterday, running the SWG on 24hr Boost and no difference in 48 hours.

Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.