Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-40
Hello!

First of let me start by saying thank you for any information or tips you can give me, we are new pool owners and so far I have been figuring everything out thanks to these forums accept for one lingering issue. The spa drains into the pool no matter what I do so far we have replaced the diverters and the sole check valve and it still drains. One thing we noticed is there is a small 3/4 pipe outlet in the spa that seems to release water into 3 similar pipes within the pool odd I know. I am attaching pictures of my equipment set up I have heard that I may be missing a diverter or additional check valve?

CKsrw.jpg

rCP6o.jpg

dppFv.jpg

JqK7E.jpg

Re: Spa Draining into pool - Is something wrong with my plum

Having the spa drain back into the pool can happen when the spa check valve isn't sealing properly, when the valve on the spa suction line to the shared pool/spa pump is not closing completely, or when there is a leak in the spa plumbing or the spa it's self.

The check valve is on the downward leg of one of one of the two pipe that split off of the heater output and go into the ground. From the picture it looks like it is the style that can be serviced fairly easily. The three way valve that controls pool vs spa suction is the three way valve closest to the pump intake. If either of those is leaking internally the spa would drain down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.