Upgrade pumps?

Sep 23, 2009
Hey all. I have a Four Winds Honolulu spa that we bought used (a year and a half old) a year ago. We've been loving it since we got it, especially over this past winter, but me being me, I see room for improvement. :)
The spa currently has 90 some-odd jets running off of one 2-speed pump, and one single speed pump. Both are 5 HP pumps. I could use a little more "action" than these pumps provide, so I'm toying with the idea of upgrading the pumps (or maybe just one of them). Can anyone speak to whether I'll feel a significant difference by upgrading from 5 to 6 HP pumps? I don't really want to exceed the 6 HP mark since plumbing capacities might then become an issue, and I'm also kind of sticking to that number because a friend of mine has a spa with a similar number of jets and 6 HP pumps which I really like the intensity of.
What do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? Risky? Worth the cost?

Thanks!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.