Dirty Zeobrite?

I think you are probably okay, the zeobrite is meant to trap particles so they don't make it back to the pool. If the pool is clear then you know you're chemistry is good and the filter is fine. If it starts to get cloudy out of no where with no change in chemistry then I would question the filter.

By the by, recharging zeo media doesn't do anything useful for zeo used in a swimming pool filter. Zeo has a small capacity to absorb ammonia. When that capacity is used up you can recharge the filter allow it to capture more. However, the amount it can capture is so small that it really doesn't make any difference.

I just had my filter open and it looked like fine tan sand. Not gooey, do you backwash frequently? I don't once every 3-4 weeks just because, my pressure over the last few years did not really climb, I only backwashed because it seemed like a long time between backwashes. though what came out was nasty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.