oops too much chlorine, when can we swim?

Richmondtree

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 9, 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Hi, I think I just made a noobie mistake and I'd like some input on handling my mistake.

I decided to go with a hybrid method of sanitization, but I am totally new with the chlorine feeder so I accidentally overdosed the pool with chlorine

FC 21
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 90
CYA 35

According to the CYA/chlorine chart my shock level would be a chlorine of about 15.

What level would people feel comfortable swimming? I'm thinking at the shock level.

Its the weekend and the kids probably want to swim even though the water is only 64 degrees :roll:

Maybe I should throw some bacteria in to speed up the chlorine removal :hammer: just kidding.

Thanks

It's usually best to wait, however, if you really wanted to do a quick FC drop, you could use some 3 % hydrogen peroxide. 1 quart will lower the FC by 1 ppm (for a 15,500 gallon pool).

Also, if there are still tabs in the feeder, the chlorine will continue to rise until the feeder is empty. Even if you turn the feeder off, the tabs will still dissolve, and when you reopen the valve, the dissolved chlorine will boost up the chlorine level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.