Plaster Repair

mpride

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2008
Sugar Land Texas
I need to repair a small gash (3" x 1/2") in my plaster from a chair that was blown into the pool. Does anyone have any ideas on the best product or repair kit to use? Any bad or good experiences with any products?

I did some patching before I found this site. It was (in my opinion) expensive, but is still hanging on. Ezpatch 4 FS. I also used Tile Repair Mortar from home depot to set a couple of heaved/loose/broken tiles (I did not want a bag, this is like a 1 pound tub). The ezpatch matched up to the plaster and grout fairly well. I got it online at a supplier who would be better run by untrained monkeys, so I will not recommend them, but I am sure it is available where you normally buy. I think they have a few vids on you tube.

Of course, you need to wait a little, someone else will chime in, hopefully with a better solution.

The 2 products I'm actually looking at are the following:

E-Z Patch 1
or
Pool Patch

Buford,
I see that you used E-Z Patch 4 FS. Any particular reason you used the FS (Fast Set) ? Just curious.

If there are no other replies to this thread then I guess I'll go with E-Z Patch.

Mark: I don't recall. Probably the first on a website. Try a small area and see if the color is acceptable after setting. I had a shade problem with some product (I can't remember the name) which now looks like scale. I don't recall it setting all that fast either.

I would suggest using what you are comfortable with, and since you are draining, you will have time. I recall having some repairs difficult to stay put (walls), which required layers to get a smooth finish, but I was hanging upside down, over the edge, in the deep end. I used a rubber tile float to apply it and I probably mixed it wrong, but it still looks unnoticeable, knowing where it was applied.

It seems slow on the site today, I would guess many are working on their pool, maybe somebody will chime in later.

Good luck, and please let us know how you make out.

I recently used some hydraulic cement on my painted concrete pool. I have a concrete pool that is coated with something and painted. I'm not sure if it's plaster or not. The hydraulic cement is holding so far. However, it is very dark in color. I opened up the crack to let the cement in. I'm not sure if this would work in your case--just a suggestion you might want to check.

jed

jed1894 said:
I recently used some hydraulic cement on my painted concrete pool. I have a concrete pool that is coated with something and painted. I'm not sure if it's plaster or not. The hydraulic cement is holding so far. However, it is very dark in color. I opened up the crack to let the cement in. I'm not sure if this would work in your case--just a suggestion you might want to check.

jed

I purchased E-Z Patch already. I probably won't be able to do it for another week or so but I'll try and update this thread when I'm through.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.