Hayward Ecostar

lsawyerjr

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 25, 2012
Hi folks- just purchased new pump. During install, the screw head for lead one on the main power supply broke during install. Has anyone had any experience with the Hayward warranty folks? Don't really have anywhere else to go from here since the screw barrel is flush with the receiving thread. Anyone have any other ideas? I have a reasonable level of experience with these connections and am baffled as to the cause. Didn't overly torque or cross thread. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Larry

After I got my Eco-Star about 2 weeks later it would turn off via the electronic control panel so I called Hayward and they also referred me to one of their dealers which was the same company that did the install but they were friendly and helpful just keep in mind that I had mine installed by the same company I bought it from so not sure if you DIY'd it.

Good luck and hopefully they will help you out.

Update, I purchased online. I contacted Hayward directly and coordinated with them over the phone. They are sending out a replacement part. They have been quick to respond and act so far. I will update as soon as I receive the part and complete the install. So far they have done all I could ask in responding to this. Looking forward to being up and running again. I'll be trying the BBB approach this year for the fist time. New Taylor test kit is already in hand. Thanks for all the great info. Wish I had found it several years ago.

Larry

Received part form Hayward via fedex this am. Part installed and pump running, Oh what a feeling. Must say I have been impressed by the Hayward Warranty folks. Sent email Thursday night and received call first thing Friday morning. Part arrived Monday morning. I couldn't ask for more. Thanks for the feedback and support. Looking forward to my first BBB season.Aquarite panel soon to be installed with T-15 cell already plumbed in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.