The instructions read like egyptian hieroglyphics

Keving

Apr 7, 2012
Split off of this topic. Please ask questions in your own topic. Thanks JasonLion

Same question here. Before I discovered this forum, I ordered an 18 X 52 intex agp with intex 1/2hp 1600 gph sand filter and intex swg. It has yet to arrive and I was hoping to be able to hook up an automatic vacuum to what I just bought today, the Hydro Tools Wide Mouth Thru Wall Skimmer. So what you are saying is my pump size is not enough for this setup or it will just work harder to accomplish the job? I am about to study your 101 posts, etc, but in the meantime was wondering if I should run out and buy a 1hp. Or I have the old stock pump from last years intex 16foot easy set pool, (the one that came with it), maybe I could mod intall it to solely run an automatic vaccum? many thanks!

Re: Is 1/2 hp pump big enough

Welcom to tfp, Keving :wave:

Keving said:
Same question here. Before I discovered this forum, I ordered an 18 X 52 intex agp with intex 1/2hp 1600 gph sand filter and intex swg. It has yet to arrive and I was hoping to be able to hook up an automatic vacuum to what I just bought today, the Hydro Tools Wide Mouth Thru Wall Skimmer. So what you are saying is my pump size is not enough for this setup or it will just work harder to accomplish the job? I am about to study your 101 posts, etc, but in the meantime was wondering if I should run out and buy a 1hp. Or I have the old stock pump from last years intex 16foot easy set pool, (the one that came with it), maybe I could mod intall it to solely run an automatic vaccum? many thanks!

That 1600 gph sand filter is not bad, it is night and day better than the cartridge filters from intex. My neighbor was using it on a 16' intex last year and it worked great including clearing up a very green pool. You may just have to run longer to filter your 18'. I am not sure about the vacuum, but I would give it a try before buying a 1 hp. The upside to the 1/2 hp intex is it should be easy on your electrical bill.

Re: Is 1/2 hp pump big enough

About to set up my 18 X 52 intex ultra frame pool. Also ordered the hydrotools model 8939 wide mouth skimmer. The instructions read like egyptian hieroglyphics and only refer to a metal frame pool. Question: a) is the intex vinyl side pool strong enough to support this wide mouth beast and b) I assume I don't need to install the return jet assembly it came with since my Intex kit already came with one? (note I will be modifying the intake plumbing to have one factory intake and one widemouth skimmer intake as I have seen several of your mods) Hopefully this newbie will stop asking questions one day and start helping answer them! Thanks! :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.