Tips on draing waste water.

This may have been covered elsewhere. When I backwash and rinse my pool I usually drain the water into my backyard. Last year I almost flooded a neighbors house due to inattention. Does anyone have any tips on a better way to drain waste water? I have seen others just run the water down their driveways and into the culverts along the street. Due to the length of my driveway and no real culverts this just does not seem practical. Any tips or thougths would sure help.

Jamison04 said:
Random thought but all homes have a clean out trap for the sewer either in the back yard or on the side. Might have that close enough to the pool to just run the backwash hose over to it and send it down the sewer that way.

Not all homes do. :D Mines tucked away in the basement. Most new homes do however.......

Leebo said:
Jamison04 said:
Random thought but all homes have a clean out trap for the sewer either in the back yard or on the side. Might have that close enough to the pool to just run the backwash hose over to it and send it down the sewer that way.

Not all homes do. :D Mines tucked away in the basement. Most new homes do however.......
Very true. Guess it depends on the part of the country you're in as to where they locate those. Here they are commonly on the side or in back. Always landscaping around them here and have to keep in mind accessibility when selecting plant materials. :)
APirateLooks@55: hopefully that suggestion will work for ya.

If you have a storm drain close by, read up on your municipal code. I have a storm drain located between me and my neighbors house to help relieve a large underground spring, but we also both have our waste lines plumbed into it. Local code here has pools as exempt (if dechlorinated sufficiently).

I can't see a huge issue when you backwash, but I can certainly see the issue when you're draining down for the winter.

Yep, check your local code. Here it is illegal to drain anything towards the storm sewer,plus your runoff cannot cross into neighbors property and certainly not into the sanitary sewer system.

Hate for you to get in trouble over waste water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.