2 years after install - Plants FINALLy starting to grow

jhalpinjr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2011
Warner Robins, GA
Hi all! here is our pool area, next up staining the fence. I would also really like to do something with coloring the concrete. Some type of stain. Any ideas? Anyone heard of Texture Ease (spelling?) PB recommended it as a good DIY. Not wanting to go Acid stain route. Something me and the Warden (shh dont tell her I call her that :whip: ) can do together!

Thanks!
photo.jpg

The Gazebo - DIY built, not a kit- just Lumber and imagination from Lowes. No it dont leak- I just hosed off the furniture! :lol:

photo-7.jpg

Gazebo Underside- Speakers and Exterior TV Next!

photo-1.jpg

16 x 32 Grecian

photo-5.jpg

Flagstone Spill over style falls Oh what do I see next to the drain - A leaf...Time to run the polaris !

photo-2.jpg

Finally getting some growth in there!

photo-3.jpg

photo-9.jpg

poured up to existing patio- dont want that Georgia Red Clay in the house! :D

photo-6.jpg

My Buddy Riley!!!

Any ideas about the concrete and staining would be much appreciated!!!!!!

Looks very nice. I really like your gazebo with the drapes down the corners. Are you just totally against acid staining the concrete? It's not too difficult and fairly simple to do. Just clean the surface with muratic acid let dry and then squeegee on the acid and rinse off. It really can give a dramatic effect.

Jamison04 said:
Looks very nice. I really like your gazebo with the drapes down the corners. Are you just totally against acid staining the concrete? It's not too difficult and fairly simple to do. Just clean the surface with muratic acid let dry and then squeegee on the acid and rinse off. It really can give a dramatic effect.

Hi Jamison - No I am not really "against" it. The issue is one of the pours around the patio had to be repoured. The concrete is a different shade and looks poor to me. I was told Acid staining would not eliminate this issue and I probably need to go with a colored stain.

What are your thoughts?

Looks great! In my experience, any semi-transparent stain (weather acid or 'colored') will look different when applied to different shades of concrete. The more transparent the stain, the more difference you would see.

Although I can't see any part of the concrete that stands out as a different color. Maybe you could share a pic of that one?

EDIT: is it pictured in the lower-left corner of your 2nd to last picture?

Yes I understand the reason not to acid stain. You've been told correct that it won't correct the issue and it will turn out different shades between older and newer concrete. I wasn't aware that was the issue when I posted my comment. A colored stain would be better but depending on color and pigment a colored stain my also still show the difference between older and newer.

For tile questions, there is a great tile forum, johnbridge.com that I know of. While I don't know of one, I'll bet there also has to be one for concrete, too. Anyone got an idea? It would be nice to have that reference on this forum.

j, we don't want you to go away, by any stretch, but some concrete guys might have a better perspective. Besides, we want pictures of that terrifying guard dog chewing up someone who inadvertently wanders into your yard. :mrgreen:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.