Our little bit of heaven!

May 3, 2011
We purchased our 21 foot pool for $400 from someone on craigslist. It was in brand new condition. We hired someone to dig out and level the hole to bury it up to water level. That cost $150. It was backfilled. Then we had the deck built. The carpenter was brilliant in that he designed the deck so the supports are far enough back from the pool that it causes no pressure on the pool sides. The liner is accessible by removing the 2 deck boards closest to the pool. Landscaper is coming in next month with new sod, irrigation system and palm trees!

Attachments

• paradise4.jpg
    paradise4.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,993
  • paradise1.jpg
    paradise1.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,990
  • paradise5.jpg
    paradise5.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,991
It's gorgeous! Congrats on your new back yard. I spent last weekend pressure washing and applying new stain and waterseal our deck. A friend asked me if it's really worth all the trouble to keep up our deck and pool. I don't look at it as trouble, I enjoy every second of it!

Nicest "aboveground" pool I've seen. I love the deck too. Is it cedar? If it is, I would recommend you rent a vibrating floor sander from Home Depot or Lowes every spring and give it a good "once-over." I had a cedar deck that was beautiful, but it weatherd rather quickly, so I had to redo it every year. It was kind of a PIA, but mostly becuase the rental store was about 45 minutes away and becuase I had a railing to work around. Hopefully you have a closer rental place and obviously, no railing. Should be a snap. Just don't rent a drum-type sander, becuase they are very hard to work with and will leave slight indentations if you don't keep it moving constantly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Beautiful. I am about to install an above ground completely buried and would love to do this. My only question is what to backfill with. Do you know what they used to backfill? Was is just dirt or some special mix?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.