Continious pool???

Apr 9, 2012
My wife wants me to install (for lack of a better description) a continious flow/current system in our existing pool to allow her to swim against the current (like the ones they advertise on tv). I have googled trying to find just the pump or device that will do this, but with no luck. Any advise on where to get the equipment or an alternative idea?

Putting one in an existing pool is pretty much impossible, as far as I know. A much simpler solution is a swimming harness that simply prevents you from moving as you swim...a quick google search for swimming harness pulls them right up.

I bought my wife a swim leash so she can swim in place. It's just a couple velcro thinks that go on her ankles and it has a long bungee on it. I hooked a piece of rope to it and tied it off on a post. She gets to swim at whatever pace suits her without ever having to turn when she hits the wall.

I have a 3-jet 2-pump badujet system and I'm aware that they make one that just hangs on the side of a pool. This would work with the least amount of work. On the other hand mine was put in when the pool was built but I don't see any reason it coudn't be retrofitted in a pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.