Air in filter but not in pump skimmer

The most common leak is the O-ring on the strainer basket lid. If it has any cracks, no matter how small, it needs to be replaced. It also has to be well lubricated with silicon grease. While you're messing around in that area, check the drain plugs on the pump and strainer. You gotta remember, that pump can suck a lot. Consider how much water you can suck up a 2" pipe for comparison. Even a tiny little champagne bubble size air leak can build up a lot of air in the tank real fast.

How do you know air is in the filter? Do you have a clear bleed valve on the top?

It is almost impossible for the air to get into the filter without passing through the pump basket. Like Richard said, look again very closely.

I have a habit of opening the valve on top cause 2 year ago I had a slow leak n was sucking in air so I would do that once a day. But that was when I could see air in the basket. I'm thinking only other place it can be is multi valve. It sounds like there is air in it but that has been the nor the last four or so year. Mayb it's time to replace it

Maybe there is a slow leak in the air relief valve on the top of the filter, or the air is leaking through the o-rings when the pump is shut off. As air is much less dense than water, and if the leak is a suction leak, you may not necessarily see water leaking out of the relief valve or from the o-ring on the filter. In either case, air might be getting pulled into the filter as the water in the filter wants to return from the filter back into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.