Letro Legend Headaches

aquaman

May 28, 2008
Pleasanton, CA
Hi,

Mostly cause by poor maintainence? 6 yrs old, I have never changed tires. Supply hose seems stiff, and the bends will not come out and the lack of flexibility seems to drag the sweep where the hose limits it to go. 3/4 HP booster pump. Two problem areas, a corner it gets stuck in, and a recess in the wall that it goes back and forth in. It rarely climbs walls anymore and will tip on to two wheels. The two jets on the back are positioned center and down. ON a proper dead run it picks up sand and organic debris well.
Tail spraying of my newly cleaned windows has always been a complaint.

Does the squareness of the housing predispose to corner traps?
Is a 3 wheeled unit more nimble?
How often should one replace tires and supply hose?
The "pool kid" wants to sell me a Polaris 280? Just tell me what to buy! Can I be that honest?

I've been putting this problem off long enough by cursing, and then going outside, pulling the hose in, trying to unbend the bend in the hose and then freeing the bugger.

Bob what is your pool surface? Tires should probably be replaced by now. Lay the cleaner out straight on your deck in the sun,this will help with the bends some. Water temp may make the hose stiff if it is cold. Check the ball float just below the bag for cracks. And you may need to check the screen in the hose at the wall fitting

aquaman said:
I saw the robots recently here. Maybe when the pumps start crapping out.

I have a pool surface called Hydrazzo, fairly smooth, sandstone feel.

So no opinion on three wheeled vs 4 wheeled vehicles?

well since you were going to buy a new one, you might as well go with a robot, the booster pump running is going to cost money in electricity anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.