autofill and overflow

I've read a lot of comments on the pros and cons of adding an autofill to our pool build. It seems to me if you have an autofill it would also be a good idea to have an over flow drain. But I've searched everywhere for a place to purchase an overflow drain. I saw a pool under construction last summer that had a small metal grate about 2" x 3.5" which I assumed was the overflow. Any ideas on where to get that?
I'm building the pool myself and have been ordering everything online.

Is this an in-ground pool? The auto-fill containers I have seen for in-ground gunite pools have additional holes in them that could be used as an overflow ... assuming you set the container at the correct height or use a pipe to set the overflow level.

Both of my pools have had these outlets plugged.

Our overflow is exactly as you describe...a small metal grate about that size. We don't have an autofill though and I really don't think that I would want one.

We have an auto fill and it does have an overfill. It is plumbed with a line that runs to an outdoor faucet and all I have to do is turn on the faucet to add water quickly and easy. Once it has finished filling the pool I smiply turn off the faucet.

Hi,

I am at the early stages in building an in ground overflow pool 7m x 3.4m, 7,587 gallons.

I know this post is old but you refer to having built one with metal grate all round, which is what I want.

Can you give me some leads as to the equipment I will need to build my pool and have it functioning correctly?

What I need are pool equipments right now!!

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.