IG spa heater

Mar 21, 2012
I have a 400K BTU heater but the bottom of it has corrode and cost too much to fix. No I want to heat the spa only. It's attached to the pool with a spill over, about a 7'x7'. What size of heater can I down size it to? 100KBTU ?

thanks all for your advice.

The size heater just affects how fast you will be able to heat your water. At my last house I had a similar setup and had a 400k BTU heater. I only turned the heater on when I wanted to use the spa and it would heat up pretty quickly.

Are you trying to keep it hot all the time or just when you want to use it?

H2Ocare said:
I just want to heat it only when I use it.

Well then bigger is better as it will heat the spa faster ... your gas pipe is obviously big enough for the 400k unit.

It really becomes a trade of heater cost vs. time to heat your spa ... the gas cost will be approximately the same whatever heater you choose since you are heating the same volume of water to the same temperature.

With used you do not know how the chemistry has been kept ... always have the risk it will corrode out quickly like yours did ... buyer beware. I have seen a few on craigslist if you want to go that route.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.