Plumbing Question

thanks in advance for any help you can provide....

I am going to Hard pipe my new AG pool...(installation in the next few weeks) and I have a few questions. The pool is going to be about 25 feet away from the equipment pad. I have a 1 and 1/2 HP pump. Is that enough? My other question is I am installing a Heat Pump and the commections are 2 inch, everythign else is 1 1/2 inch. what do I use??? 2 inch pipe or 1 1/2 inch. Does it matter? I have read that with 2 inch I will get a better flow and that would help with the distance but If I have to put a bunch of reducers to fit the other equipment will that off set the pipe size?

Any help would be greatful

I can not say the 1.5 HP is enough, although I would think it would be.

Using the larger pipe whenever you can will certainly help lower your head loss and increase flow. It should only be a small additional cost to run 2" pipe everywhere and use reducer fittings when required.

Add some more specifics:
Pump manufacturer, model, service factor, etc [AG pumps seems to have very different flow rates than IG pumps of the same HP]
How many suctions runs (assuming only 1)
How many return runs (also probably just 1) ... how many and size of eyeballs.

Hopefully Mark (mas985) will see the thread respond with his expert calculations.

I have a 24' x 52" pool with a 1½ sfhp pump and the equipment is a good 25' from the pool and it's ran in 1½" pipe underground all the way, and it's more than enough pump for the pool. Your's will be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.