Intex 16x48 Ultra Frame with Fencing

Mar 27, 2012
Cincy, Ohio
Hi, I figured I would share our success with pool fencing on an Intex. I hunted all winter to see if it was possible and finally came across one mention of it. So, we took the dive and tried it. Here is a pic to show it is doable. The hubby had one spot that did give him an issue so he will attempt to fix it:)We just finished it up this evening so please ignore the landscaping and my dug up yard (that's this week's project:) The driveway had to be dug into in order for us to fit the pool and now needs fixing:(

Jen

Attachments

• intexfence.jpg
    intexfence.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 2,139
That is awesome! Can you post where you got it and what it is called. That would make me feel a little better about going to work all day while the neighbor kids are on summer break. Also, maybe i'm missing it, but can you post a picture showing the ladder,or however you get in. Thanks!

Reactions: SweetMarie
Thanks to both of you. We purchased the fencing from here http://www.abovegroundpoolsafety.com/. This type fencing is available many places online including Amazon. I specifically purchased this brand from this specific place as it was the one that I found on the representative Intex pool picture I found and I was worried if I tried any other brand, it might not work. But, there is nothing different that I can see about this specific brand that would be different than the others. I think they are all quite straight forward.

As far as the ladder area, I will snap some pics of that today, we left one open span to place the better ladder we have on order. We will be using this one http://www.aquasupercenter.com/prod...2008AF&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=amazon+ads But, I can mention that they make a "gate" for this fencing so, you could use that if you are not placing a ladder that will stay in the pool all of the time.

I specifically wanted this fencing as an additional barrier. My husband was worried it would look not so good. He has totally changed his mind. After this went up on the pool, it made this Intex look more like a traditional above ground pool. I personally do not think the picture does it justice on how much it changed its appearance.

Jen

I just got off the phone with the 800-number in the post regarding the purchase of this fence. They said they would be out of stock for this season. Anyone know anywhere else to purchase the fencing ?

How easy was it to attach? I've been looking for fencing for Intex Ultra frame that we're looking to purchase. Yours in the 1st pic. It looks great.

I just purchased the same exact fencing from amazon and it looks like it will be pretty simple to attach.
The only thing I see being challenge is you have to have the same amount of sections as you have poles on the pool.
I don't plan to get it put on until late May early June I am starting a whole new Pool project. But I will keep you posted.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So I am curious about the ladder. I have 4 year old twins and will be using the same fencing. I was thinking of ordering the gate as well to use with the ladder that came with the pool, but I really like the type of ladder you purchased. I'm concerned however about leaving one section open without fencing even if they can't use the ladder. Thoughts or comments?

I was looking at a fence from Vinylworks Canada, available at Costco, and there is a section of fence that is movable available if you were taking in and out your original ladder. They also mentioned that you can cut the fence to length for the right fit, with brackets for the ladders with the locking mechanism. Not sure about other companies. I am considering this option.

How did you get the brackets on? Did you have to drill into the polls? Thank you

Hi, I figured I would share our success with pool fencing on an Intex. I hunted all winter to see if it was possible and finally came across one mention of it. So, we took the dive and tried it. Here is a pic to show it is doable. The hubby had one spot that did give him an issue so he will attempt to fix it:)We just finished it up this evening so please ignore the landscaping and my dug up yard (that's this week's project:) The driveway had to be dug into in order for us to fit the pool and now needs fixing:(

Jen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.