Booster Pump ran w/o main pump

K G G

Apr 16, 2012
NW Houston
Good Day Everyone,
We have our first pool build last year and are wrapping our hands around a lot of things to learn.
Do to mis-setting the timers, we ran the booster pump for the pool cleaner (Pentair 280) without the main pumps running.
Other than the vacuum not doing the cleaning (lack of pressure I presume), it moved around the bottom and neither pump nor vac seem to be effected.
Should the pump be inspected, could it "burn out" from this?

Secondly anyhting bad happening if both pumps are running but the vacuum is disconnected?

Thanks

Attachments

• PoolApr12.jpg
    PoolApr12.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 110
Sounds like you have intermatic timers. I'll do the best I can to describe how it's done.

1.) Extend wires on booster pump timer motor to the line side of filter pump timer. Timer motor wires will be small white wires that come from the back of the mechanisms. Basically you're extending the ones from the booster pump to connec to the same terminal as the filter pump timer motor wires. This will ensure your timers never get out of sync.

2.) Run power wires from load side of filter pump timer to line side of booster pump timer. This will only power your booster pump when the filter pump has power.

If you're uncomfortable with electrical work, call a neighbor.

I have to look up the model numbers... and yes they are in the same enclosure (electrical box) by themselves.

I think I got the wiring concept (and am comfortable with it). TY.

Could one still set the timers differently by accident and would the wiring force the clocks to "catch up" ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.