Jandy VS FloPro Variable or Pentair IntelliFlo 3HP Variable

GZelano

LifeTime Supporter
May 16, 2008
Hockessin, Delaware
Need some advise on a new pump please. Pool is only 6 years old but motor needs replaced and pump needs parts also so i figured now is the perfect time for an upgrade. Currently have a whisperflow wf-28 2HP single stage uprated pump. i do have a spa. I was considering the Jandy Pump as my control panel is the JandyRS-8 with the aqualink spa control. I have no idea why my PB mixed the control panel and the pumps. I do have 2" piping. If i buy the Pentair intelliflow can i just slide the motor and assembly in to the WF-28 pump housing ? That sure would make things super easy without having to do any plumbing. Any thoughts please.

Re: Jandy VS FloPro Variable or Pentair IntelliFlo 3HP Vari

I didn't think you'd be able to use the housing of a Whisperflo with the drive end of an Intelliflo, but all the part numbers are exactly the same for both pumps except the motors. Even the impellers are the same for the 3 hp units. So, I'm adjusting my thinking and I really think they would work.

If your electric rates are greater than 20¢ per kwh I'd go with the Intelliflo, but if they're not, I'd go with a 2-speed motor for the Whisperflo..

You can do what you're talking about sliding the power end into the wet end. No difference in the wet ends. You will have to buy an intellicom unit so your controls will talk to your pump if you go with. Even at that, you don't get to take full advantage of the pump unless you have a bunch of open relays. I believe aqualink rev. O or greater is what you need to run the flopro. If it were me, I'd buy the flopro and plan on doing an iaqualink upgrade down the road so everything talks.

I am now thinking of upgrading to the Jandy VS FLoPro and the Iaqualink. I have the RS model with revision MM so i believe i need the following kit.

IQ900-RS iAqualink kit w/Older RS upgrade for all-button and one-touch units dated 2006 and older with Rev. C through MMM. IQ900-RS iAquaLink gives the freedom to control your swimming pool anytime, anywhere. Using this free application for your smart phone, you are able to control all the necessary elements of your pool system.

IQ900-RS iAqualink kit includes iQ900 web connect device, power center replacement board and Aqualink RS firmware upgrade.

If i do this upgrade will this give me the newest revision to run the Jandy VS and all of its features correctly ?

GZelano said:
I am now thinking of upgrading to the Jandy VS FLoPro and the Iaqualink.

I have an Jandy/Zodiac Iaqualink with Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump. The Iaqualink controls the pump correctly and provides pump info (rpm and power consumption) on the Jandy PDA and Ipad.

I got the Pentair pump because the Jandy wasn't available yet and SoCal Edision was providing a rebate on the Pentair. I'm quite happy with the setup.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.