LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Argyle, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I just want to be double certain about what I am doing here. Knowing that there are certain acids that attack glass (hydrofluoric acid for example), am I safe using a Pyrex measuring cup for muriatic acid?

Many thanks!

Craig

Attachments

• Pump Tools v003.xls
    426 KB · Views: 1
I don't use a measure cup, I mark the outside of the gallon jug of acid with a stick that I calibrated to quarts. I can usually eyeball 1/4 to 1/2 gallon without the marks but pints are a bit harder to do. It is probably close enough to mark the jug in eight equal increments though you could make a calibration stick like I did using a measuring cup and an empty jug.

My approach is the same as Mas985's. It always made sense to me to handle it as little as possible. That said, I use it in 1/2 gal increments most of the time so auper accuracy was never an issue.

Well, I guess I could mark the outside of the jug in ounce increments. It's just that there are lots of ounces in there. My pool is small and I never have to use more than about 8 to 10 ounces at a time. But anything is better than having to mess with it so much by pouring from one container to another and risking splashes.

You guys are great! Thanks!

Craig

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.