Solar Pool Cover Submerging

Apr 14, 2012
I took a long look around the web and stumbled on this site. Looks to be very informative and simialr to other site I frequent and get great friendly advice. eg. Green Button(old), WPcentral, Crackberry... etc.

I was extremely hopeful that I could just search the site and find my solution, but I either can not find the right key words to use, or I am the only amatuer willing to ask this question.

I am a first time pool(renter) not owner. Why would I rent a house with a pool when I have not experience is less important of a question of why would someone rent me a house when I have not experience. Anyways... the house owner is absent from the community and a Canadian Investor... so not help.

To frame the questions. My Solar blanket cover sinks/submerges/bunched up when the pool filter/cleaner runs overnight. I have included a picture of the pool with the cover on and pictures of the Hayward pump set up. It appears from my observation that the jets that pop up to clean the pool are intense enough in the corners that it pumps so much water to submerge the blanket. The blank it cut flush to the sides of the pool and is wrinkled in spots as it is brand new and has not flattened totally.

-Is there anything from the pictures that would indicate a solution to my problem.
-Is there anything from the pictures that shows any other set up problem bases on the valve settings.

I would be in your debt with any suggestions. Thank you in advance for your advice.

embed

embed

embed

I can not currently seeing your pictures, but at my last house with infloor cleaners I found that they could push the water up and on to the solar cover like you describe.

If I remember correctly I trimmed the cover back further in the areas where water could get pushed on top. The other option is to have a cover bigger than the pool do that you can anchor it on the deck.

I will check your pix when I get home

Posted with Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.