North Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Universal40
I'm thinking about making a DIY floating fountain out of some PVC and a spare hose I have for my Polaris 380. Was wondering if anybody had done something like this? Figured I could also run it as a cooler at night like I had seen some others do. Figured on making a base ring out of PVC, filling with just enough water to make it float right below the water line, and then having a central pipe come up through the middle and fountain through the top. Maybe a home made version of this? http://www.coolbuzz.org/entry/brilliant ... -fountain/

Was just wondering if anyone else had made something like it?

I figured I would start the floats with max bouyancy and then add ballast (probably just use pool water) a bit at a time until I got the effect I wanted.

I have that same fountain and for the money it works great. I am all for tinkering with things, but i just pulled the trigger on this one. There is no problem with it staying afloat, the problem is it wants to wonder around. It comes with a weight that you attached to the clear hose to keep it in the center of your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.