Intelliflo/hurclon vx7t connection

Bwc37

Apr 14, 2012
Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong section. I,m a noob at pools and need some advice from a brains struss. We are about to install an above ground pool fitted with a Pentair Intelliflo pump, coupled with a Hurclon VX7T SCG. I have concerns that this pairing will not achieve the best results as the variable speeds of the pump cannot be activated by the VX7T. Does anyone know how the connections would be made? I have read various web documents and install manuals, but nothing I read seems to identify any workable solution. Do I need to further purchace a intellicomm II adapter or intellitouch controllers. Appreciate anyone's assistance. Kind regards, Bruce (Brisbane, Australia)

If you want to be able to control the pump, beyond simply turning it on and off, from another controller, you either need an IntelliComm II or a control system that supports Pentair data communication protocol (mostly only the Pentair controllers do).

HI GUys,

Thanks for the quick response.. My concern was that the VX7T only has a single power socket to control the pump power. Hence the pump would only recieve power when the SCG supplied it. Hence it might not start unless a speed button was pressed.. I'll keep researching, maybe I should go for all one brand products.. Cheers

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.