Glass in pool, reopening.

Feb 26, 2012
Stowe, VT
Hey everybody, wondering if I could get some solid advice on removing glass from the pool. A guest at where I work decided to sneak glass in and of course accidently dropped it and it shattered all over the pool deck and quite a bit of it ended up in the pool. Currently my boss asked for a drain which it is currently undergoing. The pool is underground and gunite.

Then skipping way ahead. My fill water tests at

FC = 0
Alk = 70
pH = 8.2
Cal hardness = 50

Should I add any chemical/chlorine while it's filling or just wait? It's going to take about 2 days to fill completely and there's plenty of pressure to re-open it of course. :whip:

Really no need to drain. The glass can be vacuumed out using a side pump, or through the system using a Vac plate over the skimmer basket with a skimmer sock in the basket to catch the glass pieces.

Once you have vacuumed and brushed a few times, there should not be any glass left in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.