Going from black swamp to clear water.

Just really wanted to say that I've been reading up on things again the past couple of weeks and you guys have been a great help even without my posting questions.

Due to some issues this winter, I wound up with a lot of leaves in my pool. About two weeks ago, I started the battle of turning my black swamp back into a pool again. Still a bit chillie to be IN the pool, but want to be ready when it does warm up.

Anyway, after a few shockings, and lots of heavy lifting of leaves, I'm to a cloudy light green stage and hope to be crystal clear in a day or two!

Now, for all you noobs out there like me... I have learned a valuable lesson over the past few months. I can't stress enough the value of a good winter cover for your pool to maked opening it much easier and less expensive.

Oh... And one more thing. When the clerk at Wal Mart comments on your buying 12 large jugs of bleach, you might not want to ask her if she knows of a good place to dispose of a dead body... :oops:

Sounds like it is going good Arkieflyguy! Don't forget to pass all three criteria (in my sig) before finishing the shocking process.

...one dead body does not need that much bleach...however if you have a few...

Bought 6 cases yesterday------------standard line....."Gotta use something to get out the blood stains in the carpet!"

Always love it when a stock person asks me...."Are you for real?"

Will any of the rest of you East Texans be able to take care of woodyp's pool for a few years while he is incarcerated? I want his margarita maker but I will be unable to hang around for pool maintenance.

His posts are an excellent source of good, accurate information....I sure hope his roomate, Bubba, will allow him to use the computer so he can be with us electronically. :shock: :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.