Huntsville, AL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I have a 16x32 inground vinyl liner pool with SWG with 8ft deep end. Pump is running and I just followed the instructions on 3 bottles or 9lbs of CYA which says "If your pool has a deep end, broadcast over the deep end". I go out about an hour later and see that it looks to all be laying on the bottom. I came back in and found the "oh no" posts and see that I should have used nylon/socks. I have broomed around a bit, but it doesnt look like it did much good. Can i let the polaris run around and pick up/stir up the pool? Will it hurt the polaris? How much of a panic should i be in? :hammer:

The polaris is a good idea. If you have a main drain on the pool floor, sucking it into their and subsequently into your filter is a good idea, too.

because of it's low acidity, CYA sitting on a vinyl pool liner can damage the liner. Brush it around, use the polaris or whatever you can to get it off the liner and into your filter or back into your possession so you can put it in a sock.

Thanks duraleigh -no main drain. Going to turn the polaris on now. I spread it around the pool with the brush as much as i could. Why in the world would the directions say that!!!

It looks a lot better. The polaris bag is full of the stuff. Can i let it run around all night with the full bag and let it fall out or disolve from the bag?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.