Help us help you

waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
When in the course of human events it becomes neccesary for a pool owner to seek the aid of an on-line pool forum... some basic info about the pool will help get better and more specific advice and help.

Hi all and welcome to Troublefreepool.com ! :)

The venerated moderator, Waterbear posted this in the chem 101 section and for a good reason! The more we (the people who want to answer your question) know about your pool, the more likely it is that you will get a response that is suited to your specific question and won't require us to ask you to 'please tell us if the pool is crete or liner, etc.'. Speaking from years of experience on another site (it say's I've been there since 1969, but it only feels like a few years to me ) there have been a number of questions I've ignored because the poster didn't give enough info, so I wasn't sure if any answer I gave would have helped, only to find out later (when the pool specs had been revealed) that I did have the answer and could have helped the questor as soon as I read their question.
To this end, it is highly recomended that you set up a signature which includes the following:
1) Pool type (inground (IG), above ground (AG), 'quick set AG' and liner, concrete, fiberglass)
2) Size (gallonage is good, but "24' round" or 20' X40' with the depth is sufficient - if you need help figuring out you pool's gallonage, just ask us - we'll get you a workable #)
3) Your filter system - including type of filter (sand, DE, cartridge) and any 'bells and whistles' (SWCG, ion system, autocleaner, heater, etc.)
4) General location (SW,NE, Ohio, etc.)

A large number of people think not only that all pools are the same, but also that everyone's pool is like theirs - unfortunately, they're not! :( The things I mentioned can make a HUGE difference in treating and fixing any problem - And what is sound advice for one pool could result in damage to a different type (pool, filter)!

The point of this post is to inform the people asking for help/ advice what the people who want to help them need to know. Some basic info about your pool will get you quicker and better answers.

I will also remind y'all to please include chem test #s if asking a water quality question and pump and filter system specifics when asking about equipment problems.

I believe that all the people here feel as I do in that we want you to have a TROUBLE FREE POOL!!! :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.