Validate my plumbing layout...

I would put the spa return check valve lower down, after the merge from the pool/spa three way. This isn't crucial, but it does help prevent some possible secondary problems.

You don't usually need a check valve between the heater and the SWG, unless they are forced to be fairly close together.

I can't think of any reason to put a check valve on the blower pipe (I assume that is a check valve).

It is often nice to have a three way that selects between skimmers and main drain, hardly essential, but nice.

You may want to orient a few of the three way valves differently. By default the middle port (the one with no port opposite it) can't be turned off. That makes the cleaner 3-way problematic. The stops can be adjusted to solve this issue, but it is more obvious to users, especially future users, to plumb them the other (standard) way.

JasonLion said:
You may want to orient a few of the three way valves differently. By default the middle port (the one with no port opposite it) can't be turned off. That makes the cleaner 3-way problematic. The stops can be adjusted to solve this issue, but it is more obvious to users, especially future users, to plumb them the other (standard) way.

I was thinking the same thing about the solar 3-way.

He's using valve actuators on the cleaner and solar so no issues with stops there. Also, if you're using Pentair valves, the stops in the handle can be adjusted to close off whatever port you want. On the jandy valves, rotating the lid to different position allows you to turn off whatever port you want. IMO nothing wrong with any of that.

thepoolman said:
He's using valve actuators on the cleaner and solar so no issues with stops there. Also, if you're using Pentair valves, the stops in the handle can be adjusted to close off whatever port you want. On the jandy valves, rotating the lid to different position allows you to turn off whatever port you want. IMO nothing wrong with any of that.

Right, but in that orientation you can not really "throttle" the 2 inputs/outputs as well since putting the valve between the 2 would actually partially block them both. There is no way to partially block ONLY the single side of the T.

It can work, but you loose a little flexibility IMO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.