A different how long to run Pump Question

hrddrv

Aug 13, 2011
Gainesville, fl
OK as you can see I got a larger pump than the one that came with my little easy set. I know that each pool is different on how long to run pump but what I want to know is does most people split the times up. For example say you need to run the pump for 12 hours to make everything ok. Should you run the pump for say 2, 6 hour periods or for the full 12 hours, or does it matter?

I've heard of it going both ways, all at once or broken up. I think the total is the most important part, but breaking it up gets the stuff on the surface into the skimmer before it sinks.

hrddrv said:
OK as you can see I got a larger pump than the one that came with my little easy set. I know that each pool is different on how long to run pump but what I want to know is does most people split the times up. For example say you need to run the pump for 12 hours to make everything ok. Should you run the pump for say 2, 6 hour periods or for the full 12 hours, or does it matter?
It can be done anyway you want as long as you get your water still looking good, whether it be 1 turnover or 1.5. If your timer allows you could break it up to 4 three hour periods. If your electric company has cheaper rates during "Off Peak Hours" run it 75% during those hours and 25% during peak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.