questons about light

Oct 30, 2011
when the pool company installed my liner and put the light in they told me it may lead due to something about the screws and the housing. they came an checked it for several day and told me it was leaking out around .5 inch a day. after about a week when i turn the light on, the gfc breaker trips. they finally came back to deal with the light leaking and took it out even though the water level is above the light housing. they just left the light on top of the deck and left with out saying anything. I assume they are needing a part or something so they must be waiting for it. anyway, since the light is now on the deck i figure the light will now work. but it does not, it still trips. any idea what may be going on. it is a color logic hayward light. thanks.

I that is my point. I am trying to determine who to contact, the person who installed the liner or the electrician who did the wiring.  The light worked for 2 weeks. Then it just started tripping the GFC. I assumed it was due to water leaking into the housing. My thinking was that now the housing is out of the water, it should now come on without tripping the breaker.  It comes on for a second   then trips the breaker. The light is sealed in the back, right?  Therefore, water should not be able to get into it. Is that right. As it is now the light is on the deck sitting there but the housing with the cord is running from the light though the under water housing to under ground conduit to the junction box .    Also, this light is a new one just installed when the liner was put in.  Thanks for any help you can offer guys.

Guys got it working. I called the electricion. When he took the junction box off it had water in it. Also, were is is a junction box from the GFI to the light to to pump/salt that had water in it too. We figure that when the light leaked the water traveld through the conduit. We sucked it out and put silicone in the coduit holes. hopetully the light is not leaking anymore anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.