Cutting Foam For Bottom Of Intex

Mar 27, 2012
Cincy, Ohio
We are prepping our space for our Intex and are planning to purchase the 2 Inch sheets of foam at HD in the morning. I was curious which methods some may have used for cutting your foam? Did you place inside the circle and cut around blocks, use a utility knife, etc? I have suggested a electric carving knife:) Thanks for your help.

Jen

A keyhole saw works great, especially for cutting curves and chamfers. That is how I cut mine, 2 in foam with blades is tough unless your cuts are straight and you snap the foam. The type I like look like:
PqwT4gTpM2N1H6nd3FbohujX8jd-3gBnZYsh2dck7iKOotROAW24weti_XKK2dw64qrZl3y-amcpwz-4wAzdV1wXYVFr0C7gkp842j8o56c6dKg6J7bAGzYiCknicMnxcT__Wc83CFzeFuBJPRgDaBHGj3N3Juw1J6qcluJu1O4bqmCWzTejmKxem2jc98BvQRcTEMY2taMw9kEEVynDsfFSVIOlzddkY0tKo78fUWvOF7cm0mjf4jau2gzcgkf57hmgTQUE7Y8JtEJgICpPkbDrvqiU9GSLR_Xa

Something to remember when placing your blocks, with an Intex pool, the legs will get pushed out somewhat by the water pressing on the sidewalls.
You need to have your blocks placed a little outside of where the legs sit when the pool is empty.

mcoonan said:
Something to remember when placing your blocks, with an Intex pool, the legs will get pushed out somewhat by the water pressing on the sidewalls.
You need to have your blocks placed a little outside of where the legs sit when the pool is empty.
That's a great point. What would you suggest of for "a little outside" ?

Turns out the jig saw worked best:) We got it all gorilla taped and set up and is now filling! Looking all level so far, keeping my fingers crossed for sure. The wind has been our enemy so far, lol. About to head out and purchase our salt water system. Hoping I feel comfortable enough by the evening to order a stair/entry system. Going to be installing the pool fencing tomorrow pending everything goes smooth.

Jen

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.