Aquagenie face plate gasket replacement

Apr 12, 2012
Hello all,

I have an in-ground vinyl pool with an Aquagenie skimmer. My pool has leaked to the point where the water level stops around the return jet of the skimmer. I've been told by my local pool store that it is very likely a leak in the face plate gasket of the aquagenie skimmer. They also told me this is a common thing and could happen every couple of seasons.

What is the proper method of changing the gasket? Water level up to the 'normal' level or lowered below the skimmer completely?

Thanks in advance!

:-D
PS - This site is amazing and after reading some of the information I realize I have so much to learn!

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

If water leaked down to a return, and then stopped lowering...then it sounds to me like you have a leak in that return. I am assuming this return is lower than the skimmer itself. Is this the case?

Thanks for the welcome!

No, the aquagenie system includes the skimmer and the return jet in one unit. The following link has a good pic of the unit: http://www.aquagenie.com/

The water level is right at the return jet, that is, there is still water in the return jet so the leak is not in the return line. That's why the gasket was the suspected leak.

Thanks again!

Metcalfe1 said:
the aquagenie system includes the skimmer and the return jet in one unit.
Very interesting concept! That's the best part about TFP...I learn something new every day! :hammer:

Out of curiosity, how is your circulation with that skimmer? Does it do a good job with surface debris (even debris on the far corners of pool)?

As far as changing the face plate gasket...yes, you will want the water level below the skimmer. This way, you will get the best possible seal with the new gasket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.