Water inside of pressure gauge

May 2, 2008
I noticed last week that the pressure gauge on my sand filter has water and condensation in it. This is the first time that it has happened since I installed the sand filter back in December. If I remember correctly it happened shortly after a backwash/rinse cycle.

I left it alone for a week to see if it would dry out on its own but there has been no changes.

Is there a leak somewhere causing this or should I just disconnect it and let it dry out between filter cycles and not worry about it?

duraleigh said:
Is it working properly? "If it ain't broke......" :lol:

Yes, it is still working properly. It is a little hard to read because there is not only a small pool of water at the bottom of the gauge but that there is a lot condensation on the rest of the glass that makes it hard to read, especially at night.

Bama Rambler said:
You can take the front cover off and try to dry it out but if you can't, I'd just replace it. They're cheap and don't last very long anyway. Most pool and big box stores carry them.

Thanks for the advice! I'll take care of it. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a bigger problem or something weird going on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.