What do I need for Screen Logic on my Easy Touch?

Apr 4, 2012
I am a little confused about what all I need to get screen logic installed wirelessly on my Easy touch system. I know I need the screen logic protocol adapater but this looks like it has to be hard wired to your wireless router inside the house. I also see part number 520639 which is the wireless connection kit. Do I actually need 2 different parts to get this to work or is there one kit I can use to make this work with my existing home wireless wifi?

You are correct, you can hard wire the load center to the protocol adapter, and then connect ethernet cable from the protocol adapter to your router.

If you purchase the wireless connection kit (p/n: 520639) you can eliminate the need for the wire from the load center to the protocol adapter, but instead you wire a transmitter to the load center and mount it on an exterior wall of the house. Inside the house, you then wire another transmitter to to the protocol adapter, and then either connect it to your home router via ethernet, or use the supplied wireless router, which then connects via wi-fi to your existing home router.

Once it's setup it's pretty cool. iPhone and iPad integration is slick. Being able to turn on the hot tub before I get home is great.

-Sean

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.