Cost of upgrading from manual valves to an automated system?

Jul 3, 2010
I'm considering changing my manual system to an Easytouch 4 or intellitouch system and was wondering if anyone has an idea on the cost or if it is something you can install yourself. I only have a pool and a waterfall, no spa, so a total of three valves. I have a fence around the equipment and it has become a pain to constantly open the gate to make adjustments. I also have to admit I like the idea of being able to control and monitor the system using an iPad. Any ideas on how to best install a system, professional or DIY?

Thanks,
Dongray

21000 gal,swg,variable speed pump

Re: Cost of upgrading from manual valves to an automated sys

If you're fairly handy there's nothing that you can't install your self. If you have "Jandy" style valves the actuators will mount right to the top of them.

Re: Cost of upgrading from manual valves to an automated sys

I installed an EasyTouch, IC40, and VS3050 myself. I did have an electrician run more power out to the equipment pad. I have not added any remote capabilities yet, but probably will
someday. I bought an EasyTouch bundled with IC40 and 2 valve actuators. The plumbing was the most challenging part for me by far trying to make everything fit together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.