Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Knowing what I know now...

1. Back To Top    #1

Knowing what I know now...

This may sound a little ridiculous, but with my newfound knowledge that I have obtained by gleaning the posts on this site, I almost wish my pool would turn green just so I could fix it. Has anyone else ever felt that way before?

Craig
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

2. Back To Top    #2
    yes and no. I want to apply my BBB skills in the most adverse conditions, but not in my pool. So I go to people with really jacked up pools in my spare time and get them looking good again.
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

3. Back To Top    #3
    Absolutely. When I was writing the cleaning up a green swamp sticky I was thinking I could get some pond water and put it in a bucket and let it go green and double check my prodcedure on a small scale
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    Absolutely. When I was writing the cleaning up a green swamp sticky I was thinking I could get some pond water and put it in a bucket and let it go green and double check my prodcedure on a small scale
    That's not a half-bad idea!

Craig
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    "It depends."- JohnT

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Knowing what I know now...

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    This may sound a little ridiculous, but with my newfound knowledge that I have obtained by gleaning the posts on this site, I almost wish my pool would turn green just so I could fix it. Has anyone else ever felt that way before?

Craig
    Hi Craig,

It happens to lots of folks that learn BBB. Last year someone identified and named this mysterious 'illness' pooliosis.

I think it was Tagprod! But, as Tag said, we don't want to be in the need of a fix on our own pools....just others that don't understand BBB!! Sometimes it is difficult to restain oneself when you see a neighbor's green pond. If you take your test kit on vacation with you, then you have a really bad case of 'pooliosis' ...but, it is a good thing, no?
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Last year I had the opportunity to use my new found knowledge on a friends pool and they have been thanking me since. Because of this sight I am a Hero! As for my pool,I never want it to turn green.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Kind of odd this came up. I'm helping a friend out tomorrow with his pool. I can't wait! Pooliosis FTW!!!!!
    Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by tagprod
    Kind of odd this came up. I'm helping a friend out tomorrow with his pool. I can't wait! Pooliosis FTW!!!!!
    LUCKY!!!
    "It depends."- JohnT

9. Back To Top    #9

too funny....you guys are cracking me up!!
    hopefully I will feel the same by next season....I am so scared I will turn our pool into a green swamp once we start caring for it (its been under care since we moved here).

Chris

30-40yr old IG gunite 20 x 40
    30-40yr old prehistoric IG gunite 20 X 40 approx 30000gals
    now with new cool blue Diamond Brite and blue waterline tile (looking good for 40yr old pool)
    new Hayward 244T sand filter, 3/4 Hayward pump, Jandy heat pump
    pool skim (love it)

10. Back To Top    #10

Re: Knowing what I know now...

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag

Craig
    You guys do do this too, right? hmmmm. Maybe my wife is right no...couldn't be 8)

dan
    21' Aqua-Leader AGP (10,200 gallons).
    Hayward cartridge filter and two speed pump.
    Aqua-Cal HeatWave 100k (HeatPump)
    Salt 3200ppm (in non-salt water pool)
    Borates 20ppm (slowly raising)
    Aqua-Rite SWG