At least an inch of dirt in the bottom of the pool

Apr 11, 2012
We are new to the whole inground pool and have an 18x36 pool that holds roughly 25,000 gallons. this past winter we did not have a cover for the pool and in combination of our dog and my wife there is at least an inch of dirt in the bottom of the pool. The vacuum is not working to get the dirt out. It is a soft liner so we can't empty the pool. Please help. We need to get the dirt out but not sure how to do it. any suggetions would help greatly appriceated!!!!

Welcome to TFP!

Why is the vacuum not working? It should be able to do it. If adding water is no problem, vacuum to waste to avoid filter clogging.

My experience with this depends on what kind of vacuum you have. I had a layer of dirt like this when I was new, and best bet is to use your manual vacuum. VERY slow, so you're not agitating it, shut main drain off if possible, so you're getting the majority of suction from the vacuum.

Vacuum to waste.

You can get them anywhere that carries pool supplies, especially Wal-Mart. Blue triangular head with bristles. Vacuum hose plugs into the top of the head, head attaches to your pool pole.

I have an automatic vacuum as well, but I typically use the manual vacuum to pick up the garbage, especially dirt, since you can control it 100%.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.