Water Level Detector (to detect drop in level due to hose)

Apr 3, 2008
So this might be a bit of an odd request but hoping you guys can help me out (if there is help to be had). Every now and then one of the hoses attached our Return seems to come unplugged. Sometimes it's days before I know that this has happened and I realize we lost all the water in the pool down to that level.

Question : Is there a pool level sensor device that can detect when the water level drops beneath a certain point and somehow sound an audible alert or a wireless signal (yes i'm dreaming this up so i know it might be absurd). Most of the level sensors I see everyone talk about here are for the purpose of filling the pool back up with the hose but in this case that would be bad until i refastened the hose to the Return.

Anyone ? :)

Re: Water Level Detector (to detect drop in level due to hos

I wonder if one of the safety alarms (that detect water movement from someone falling in) would be triggered by a drop in water level? Of course you would want to disable it when actually using the pool :)

Re: Water Level Detector (to detect drop in level due to hos

The simplest thing to do is to install a float switch like this one and hook it to a relay to power a light or alarm.

You could also use that switch with an x-10 or Insteon module to control lights, alarms, etc. Even so far as to disable the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.