Wondering if this forum works?

Jeff MC

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 23, 2012
If you're new to this forum (and pools), welcome! It was a little over two weeks ago I was in your shoes. We bought a new house in December and we knew the pool hadn't been opened for years, plus I had NO pool experience.

We took the safety cover off the pool and discovered inky black water, I immediately went inside and found the number of the local pool shop. Fortunately they were closed.

Later that night, I looked online to see if there was any help and found troublefreepool.com. There are a million online forums; I was skeptical.

I sent the "bat signal" to this forum (see minnesota-pool-closed-at-least-2-years-in-our-new-house-t41644.html ) and within a couple of hours I received my first supportive help and it kept coming! Whenever I was puzzled about something or wondering if I was doing the right thing, the members here kept me on track.

Attached are the before and after pictures. I still have some work to do, BUT for $165 I was able to make my pond look like a pool in about 2 1/2 weeks.

I'm now a member. Read the Pool School articles, buy the TF100 kit (you'll know more than most pool places about your water), and start the process. It's rewarding and definitely worth your effort. You'll save hundreds, if not thousands.

Jeff
___________________________________________________________________________________
Oh, an interesting side story! I was in the pool store last week buying a new skimmer basket and was waiting behind a woman who said they decided to buy a case of something to clean up their pool. It was $275 for the case!

Attachments

• Pool 3-23.JPG
    Pool 3-23.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Pool 4-9.JPG
    Pool 4-9.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 115
Awesome Jeff!, I have a similar story. I found this forum and started working on my pool a week ago Sunday. My pool wasn't in quite the shape yours was in, but pretty bad none the less. Through this forum and the BBB method I am in pretty good shape today! I am working a suspected filter issue and then I should be sailing the smooth seas! My chemicals have been right where they should be for three or four days with very little adjustment on my part. This site has been a HUGE blessing! Thanks TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.