drain and acid wash

G

I do not have pics, but found these from another post that could have been taken at my pool. Here is the link, I hope it works!
stubborn-dirt-stains-t39348.html
Anyway, dirt colored stains that showed up over night - literally -
numbers are:
FC 8
CYA 200
TA 80
PH 7.2
copper .5
Iron .15
TDS 3200
We are thinking the only solution is drain and acid wash - is that correct?
We were told to do a 3-1 ratio for the wash - but are wondering if there is anything other than MA that we could use.
Any direction - advice?

They also have iron of .15 ppm and if they're chlorinating with bleach and happen to dump it in the evening raising the FC will quickly cause staining from that. Though it looks like they have an SWCG.

No, it's not salt, it's chlorine.
I had a little staining on my steps, which I thought was dirt, as it was only in the corners, but then literally, overnight it covered the rest of the pool. We had a bad dirt storm and had to vigorously back wash - then the auto fill kicked in. We shocked that night there it was the next morning, through the whole pool. I thought it was dirt from another storm, but realized that the cleaner wasn't picking it up and the brush did nothing. That's when it dawned on me that it was staining.
So, we have come to terms with draining and acid washing, but just really need to make sure that we are doing it correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.