I could cry...

Isca

Aug 3, 2011
Two days ago, we went out and bought a new Intex pool. 18x48 ultra frame. I spent two weeks clearning the site where it was going and lvl'ing it etc.

Finally we put it up today, and while i was putting the pavers under the legs, i notice a small hole in the liner. I had my husband put some water on it, very small but it leaks.

We bought the pool at Walmart and from what I have read etc, the Intex cs is something to be desired.

Husband wants to just patch it, but I want them to send a new liner out <not sure if they do this or not, but I would think they would>/ Not sure if I want the hassle of dealing with the cs.

Thoughts about just patching it?

Welcome to the forum. :lol: You sound VERY anxious to set up and swim....I don't blame you.

Which option is the least hassle for you. The patch can be done very well, especially when the liner is dry and not underwater. If your husband feels confidant doing a good job and you want to get it going quickly....patch it!!

On the other hand, if time is not important, have them make it right at walMart.

Thanks! And thanks for answering so quickly.

Yes, I am anxious. When I get into a project, I like to finish so it's not hanging over me :D That, and it's 80's here already and I'm melting here!

Too many decisions to make, thanks for the input. Really appreciate it.

I too bought one of these pools before reading the reviews. The last one the reviewer wrote that this is the second one they set up only to find a hole in it. Mine is still in the box and MIGHT be put up this week, might not. I'll be away for a week and don't want algae before we can even get in it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-18-x-48 ... ct+Reviews

Hopefully it's just a few bad ones and not a whole production run.

Agree that you have to ultimately decide what is best for you. Patch is quick, and fairly reliable. You might want to get a 'real' vinyl liner patch kit at a pool store. Wal~Mart does a fair job (overall) in dealing w/ returns and replacements, so I wouldn't expect an hassle from them, but you'd have to pack it all back up and take it to them.

Ohm_Boy said:
Agree that you have to ultimately decide what is best for you. Patch is quick, and fairly reliable. You might want to get a 'real' vinyl liner patch kit at a pool store. Wal~Mart does a fair job (overall) in dealing w/ returns and replacements, so I wouldn't expect an hassle from them, but you'd have to pack it all back up and take it to them.

And boy will that be a job getting it back in the box. Not saying you should take a beating, as you ought to get what you paid for. I would be livid too, but a patch will work well.

Before I tried to stuff everything back in the box to take back to Walmart I would call the store and see if they will let you just bring the liner in a swap it for another one. Talk to a manager and be sure to get a name should you get the OK. There is no guarantee that the replacement will not have a hole as well so a good patch job might be the best option.

BadOleRoss said:
Before I tried to stuff everything back in the box to take back to Walmart I would call the store and see if they will let you just bring the liner in a swap it for another one.
I've done that before (not with a pool though). They put the old part in the new box, give you the new part and off you go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.