About to become a pool owner...

Apr 7, 2012
... and as I'm sure you folks have all ready a million times before: I've never had a pool in my life.

Moved from the frozen NE to SE Florida... Never had a pool... and now, well, I'm about to.

Here's the current situation. The pool, kidney shapes, looked great up until 2 weeks ago when the pump stopped working. The motor makes a "buzz/hum" sound for a could of seconds and then I hear a "click" and the motor noise stops. The motor is connected to a Hayward system. Powered from a Intermatic timer.

The motor is an Emerson Pool Pump Motor EUST1102. I've read about the "new law" and it appears that this can changed under warranty so the "new law" will not apply in this case (provided the motor is what is dead).

My question is -- what should I be looking for -- is it possible that whatever the motor spins (impeller?) is seized and the motor can't turn and hence an internal protection is tripping or is this indicative of the motor being done? I haven't had a chance to take it apart and test the motor... however I have the ability to do so and thought I'd pick some brains here first.

The next question is -- the pool, as a result of this issue, has turned green. I've done some reading on this issue and thought I'd seek any ideas. I intend to use the BBB method on this pool and have been reading the BBB threads (and enjoying it!).

So there you go... and introduction from a newbie peppered with some brain-picking!

Thanks for being here... it's wonderful! :)

Pete

Hey, Pete,

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Before anything else can happen, you must fix the pump. Once you get water circulating, then we can help you go to work on the green water but virtually everything starts with that pump working.

I don't know that the "new law" is....sorry. Others may be able to help diagnose your pump issues but don't wait too long to get it back working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.