Pentair Easytouch8 w/Screenlogic

I'm still troubleshooting why my ET8 panel isn't communicating with Screenlogic, either on my Mac or iOS devices. (I'm connected to the Screenlogic protocol adaptor via the Screenlogic Wireless Connection Kit).

Our ET8 is currently in Service mode (pump running 24/7), and I'm curious if this is why I can't "see" it in Screenlogic? Does the ET8 have to be in Auto mode in order for Screenlogic to communicate with it?

Anyone here with the ET/Screenlogic system that might know the answer?

Strange results....
I changed the ET8 mode to AUTO, then launched Screenlogic on my iPad. I got a screen initially after launching the app that had me select Local or Remote...I chose Remote.
I didn't get a "failure to connect" message or anything, but I wasn't able to control anything, either. I saw no means of controlling the pump, I saw an Intellichem tab in the interface, which was strange, as I don't have one of those. I DIDN'T see my Intellichlor...I saw a Spa section (don't have a spa)...and the Intellibrite light controller doesn't work. So I'm (pretty) sure the Screenlogic app wasn't actually connected to my ET8 panel.

On my Mac, I can't connect at all to the panel. I just get an "Unable to connect" message after about 30 seconds or so.

I then tried booting into Windows on my Mac, and downloaded/installed Screenlogic in this partition. This time, it said it wasn't able to find an .exe file (plus some other file it couldn't find).

So, I ASSUME I'm not connecting to my ET8 panel.....

Pentair sent me a replacement Screenlogic Wireless Connection Kit, so I hope to have our pool builder put this in sometime this week....maybe this will fix the problems.

Scott,

I got both at the same time from poolsuppliesunlimited.com (excellent service there, BTW). I did update the Screenlogic Protocol Adapter firmware when I connected it to my router/Mac, and had no problems performing that update, as my Mac can "see" the protocol adapter right away.

Pentair thinks the issue is probably a bad outdoor or indoor transceiver so they sent me a replacement Wireless Connection Kit, but my pool builder hasn't installed it yet. I don't see any lights (other than power) blink on the indoor transceiver when I try to connect to the ET8 panel. I can't tell whether any lights blink on the outdoor transceiver because the lights are inside the plastic housing and, thus, hidden from view. If my pool builder hasn't installed it by this weekend I will probably do it myself, and then see if anything changes.

Mike

I just realized I never updated this post.....apologies.

The problem I was experiencing with my ET8 not communicating with anything was, in fact, caused by a bad outdoor transceiver, which Pentair replaced under warranty. (They suspect our PB hooked it up incorrectly initially and damaged some components...I have no way to prove or disprove that, though).

Still having a problem with the IC40 generating too much chlorine for our 12,000 gallon pool. Pentair sent a different pool builder out to look at it, and he said our pool builder connected it differently than he would have, in that the pump and IC40 were on separate relays. Although both got power, the IC40 was generating chlorine at a rate of about 20% instead of the 10% I had set on the ET panel.

Pentair said that, because of the way it was wired, the IC40 wasn't getting the correct information at bootup, so it was "stuck" at 20%. Our pool builder sent a (very!) experienced electrician out today, who rewired it correctly. I'm told I now have to wait a week to see if the chlorine level in the pool drops (it's over 5 at this time).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.