Alot of water from site glass etc.

Mar 30, 2012
I have about a 1 ft arc of water coming out of the site glass when I backwash. I know that some water is normal but is this much water normal or not? Also, should the air relief valve be completely closed? Is there such a thing as too much pressure inside the filter?

Could either of these have anything to do with sand returning into the pool?

My RPM's on my pump are at 2600.

Oh ok. Interesting you say no water is supposed to be coming out. Wonder why my pool company who installed our pool said a small amount of water coming out of that site glass was normal when you are in backwash mode?

When your in backwash water should come out if you undo the glass. If your in filter mode no water should come out of the sight glass no water should going thru that pipe.

I have a Pentair SD-80. I unscrewed the sight glass and I see that I also have a small very flat looking rubber flap/disc covering the openings however it is slightly warped. Wonder if this could be allowing more water than normal to come out?

Also questioned if anyone knows whether or not the air relief valve should be completely off?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.